Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Charleston at last: 34◦47'.205N 079◦54'.563W

We made it to Charleston by noon yesterday, which was our plan...and I love it when a plan comes together! It was really foggy at the onset, but it cleared up PDQ 


The weather was overcast but so calm this morning that cruising was a delight!
Jeff and Susan Driving 

Glass like waters of the ICW


Lots of dock hands in Charleston Marina 
The marina we are at has very strong current flowing through it, so docking can certainly be a challenge. The dock master informed Jim of the current and gave him some tips to allow him to come in more easily. My Captain once again, did the job expertly with not a single scratch on ours or neighboring boats. Captain Jeff was equally successful. This Marina has no shortage of help either.









Charleston is a fair size town and I have some work to do here as well as some sightseeing. For this reason we decided to stay for 2 nights. Yesterday we spent the time enjoying the weather, the pool












and the hot tub,




Today we will go play tourists as soon as I figure out how to get my documents from Mrs. Betsy. She is Dr. Reeve's Daughter; the Harbor Hosts here in Charleston. I had some important documents I needed to receive and Mrs. R offered her daughter's address to assist me.  Now it's just a matter of figuring out how to get them from her house to our boat! We are still with Jeff and Susan (the card shark) and taking the time to enjoy our last two days together.


We will be moving on come Thursday and they will be staying put here for a while. Oh well, that's what looping is all about!
Well time to close this chapter, I still have to go load pictures for the last two days. I could have gotten all of this done last night, but I was too busy playing cards (read loosing) with Susan and Jeff. She's cute and innocent, but don't let that innocent face fool you!
TaTa for Now !  

1 comment: