Thursday, April 30, 2015

Annapolis –State Capitol, Capitol of the US! 38◦58'.588 N 076◦28'.964 W

Another beautiful day on the waterways, small waves and not too cool. I had the song "Hazy, Crazy days of summer" playing in my head as I took this picture.
We came across an oil rig, big ugly things, but we sure did like when we filled up the boat again this morning.

Once we got to Annapolis we went into town for a bit. I found out that Annapolis used to be the Capitol of the united states. Who would have thunk it! Although it is no longer the Capitol of the US, it still the Capitol of Maryland and we actually got to go into the state house and see where the delegates do some of their work.








This is a very ornate building and quite beautiful architecture.
I did not feel too bad about my lack of knowledge regarding Annapolis, because our travel mates Barb and Chic also did not know this was the capitol of Maryland. Like us, they thought Baltimore was the Capitol.
Oh well, that is what this trip is all about right. We get to learn all about the places we visit. Tomorrow we are going to visit the current Capitol of the US. We figured we were this close to Washington, it would be a shame not to visit the white house!

We hope to be able to blog tomorrow, but if we end up staying in a hotel our blog will wait until the day after.Good night all 








1 comment:

  1. I take it you're renting a car to get to Washington? Say hi to the White House for me. Jeff is LOVING his job but working very hard. We put an offer in on a boat. Will fill you in VIA email.

    ReplyDelete