Monday, October 13, 2014

The Rendezvous registration.

Well it has been an odd sort of day today. Some ups and downs and a pretty tumultuous day.
We started the morning with news that the gentleman who had a heart attack yesterday had had successful stent insertion and was doing well. Shortly thereafter we got the news that my brother had had a heart attack and we were unsure of how he was doing. We were touring the various boats and checking everything out, but my heart was not in it as I was thinking of my brother and my poor sister-in-law who is just going through "H. E. double hockey sticks" right now.  
We had our first night meeting all the people who are looping right now and all the gold looppers who are the voices of experience helping us along. We had a lovely dinner which was paid for by one of our sponsors and through the announcements prior to dinner we were advised that there was a tornado warning for this area and we were asked to stay in the main lodge until the warning was removed. The Tornado warning was removed part way through the evening and then it was reinstated. There is torrential downpour of rain right now, but not overly windy. I just received news that my brother had 2 stents inserted this evening and he seems to be doing well. So I guess it  is time to go to sleep and hopefully when I get up in the morning all will be well with the world.
Given the rain and the mood, I did not get too many pictures today, but I did get 1 of Bert and Alyse. Bert is the dog, Alyse is a Captain who does training for people on hoow to manage boas. Chris her husband is the gentleman we hired to do our training when we bought this boat. Very nice people! 



The second boat is a little tug, I believe it is 25 feet long. This tug is a 1958 and is in awesome shape. The people who own it are Gold loopers, meaning they have done the entire loop.    
                                       

I hope you enjoy and I really hope I am not such a downer tomorrow morning once Leo gets all better and this weather system gets past us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you bro and Rachelle. We love you dearly and will see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment