Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3rd Green turtle bay Marina Day 2

   This is our second day in Green Turtle bay Marina and also our last day with Sherrie and Randy. We were invited to their boat this am for biscuits and gravy and Oh My God Brenda I am so glad these calories where yours! Randy made the sausage gravy and Sherrie made the biscuits. These two are a match made in heaven. It was delicious!
    After breakfast we went out shopping with Sylvie, Simon, Sherrie and Randy. Jim had ordered the fan belts from NAPA and as promised the belts where there. Our next stop was to provision. When we finished with all of this, we came back to the marina and prepared to go out to dinner.
 
The place we went was very eclectic. Every building is a settlement building from the 1800's that was moved to this place. Every room in the restaurant was decorated in Christmas decorations. Check out this room getting ready for a wedding!
 
The specialty of this restaurant is the 2 inch pork chop. Check out Sherrie's plate. This is not a pork chop it's a pork roast!
 
I needed to go to the rest room and there was a room marked as such. When I entered the room I quickly stepped back, because in the bathtub was a full sized Mannequin of an Indian. It kind of freaked me out.
 

After dinner we went for a walk in the little village behind the restaurant. It was getting dark so it was difficult to get pictures. We got a few for your viewing pleasure. All and all this was another great day but a little bitter sweet because we are parting ways with some good friends. I am sure our paths will cross again. We are incredibly grateful for their company and their guidance all of this time.   Adieu Sherri and Randy. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jim and Mimi. We are enjoying your adventure very much. The weather is a bit rainy but not cold yet. Had a nice surprise at Fishers tonight. Your Stephanie came to join us for dinner. Her and I had a nice time talking. She even tried to set up my gmail on my phone for me. I got her phone # and will give her a text later to see how she's making out with her job hunting. I still look at your boat slip expecting to see you out there working. We are having a Thanksgiving dinner on Steve's boat but of course you already know that. About 25 confirmed so should be a good end of the year party. We will miss you but so glad your trip is going well. Take care. Love to you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely visit Vicki. Thank you for your hospitality. I really enjoyed our chat :-)

      Mom and Dad you both have beautiful smiles. Mom that color looks great on you.

      Miss you both very much xox

      Delete
  2. What the heck...my pants are tighter! Now I'm sure you understand why I purr when I travel south and find good biscuits and gravy.
    I like the idea of using buildings from the 1800s for modern purposes. It is nice to preserve the history than to destroy it. I had a laugh about the bridge to nowhere and had visions of someone driving into the drink. But I'm sure the entrance would be blocked. Right...?
    Safe travels to you both.

    ReplyDelete