Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunny Day in Albany 42◦38'.336 N 073◦44'.938W





Hi all, Steph here again. Mom and Dad are dog tired from our day today so here I am writing the blog once again. Hopefully, you all don't mind too much.

We left Duck Cove this morning. Before we left dad decided to take a picture of the deer in the tall brush. I personally don't see anything, but dad swears there was a deer. Can anybody else spot it?





North up the Hudson River we went with nothing but beautiful sunshine to light our way. If you look closely you can see mom and dad doing whatever it is they do on their daily routine. This is a rare sight that most don't get to see, unless they are aboard this motor vessel like a fly on the wall. 

I was lucky enough to have dad put the boat on auto pilot and have both mom and dad join me on the bow for an hour or so, I really wish I would have listened to dad and taken a picture of the three of us lounging up there to make all of you jealous, but I missed out on that opportunity, so you will just have to take my word for it.


We arrived at the Albany Yacht Club around 1330hrs, settled in and made sure my car was still here and in good condition. Admittedly, I was really nervous about leaving it here. We then hopped into the car and did a little bit of grocery shopping so that we could enjoy a delicious steak dinner on the top deck. This marina is very quaint and the best part? A gazebo bar of course!

 Here's a fun fact for you all; I learnt that Albany is the capital of the State of New York. I'm hoping I'm not the only one out there who assumed New York City was the capital of the State of New York.

We finished our day soaking in the sun and having a few docktails on the top deck. I may have soaked in a little bit more than intended, but I'm hoping it will turn into a nice tan.
 









We plan on staying at this marina for a second day tomorrow so our co-ordinates will remain the same. Tomorrow, mom and dad plan on taking advantage of my car to do a little more provisioning. We are also going to make a few travel plans for the next few days. It appears that none of us are quite ready to say goodbye just yet. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to do a little sightseeing too so we have more pictures to share with you tomorrow.

Bye for now.
Lots of Love.

- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment