Wednesday, May 13, 2015

New York Day 1


What  a Day we had. Stephanie missed her train in Albany due to a GPS error. Unfortunately that meant she could not get another train until 10am, which got her to New York at 1pm.
Jim and I took off from the Marina and took a ferry across the harbor. We did some walking around and found some interesting sights.











Apparently they really do not want anyone sitting on these water pipes!












Despite our late start with Stephanie, we still managed to put in a great sightseeing day.
We started at the Empire State building and made it all the way to the 86th floor observation deck.  Yes, I even went out there and I have photographic proof!



















We then made our way to the Museum of Sex. It was very interesting stuff in there. 













After making our way in, we had to go into the inflated boob house. Stephanie has never been surrounded by so many boobs!











From there we headed to the Rockefeller Centre where Stephanie got to pose with her favorite comedian, Jimmy Fallon. Unfortunately we could not go to the observation tower because they were sold out. We will get there tomorrow.  









We did get to time square and Oh my god is there ever a lot of lights! 

Then Discovery Time Square Museum, where I finally got to see the Body Worlds Pulse exhibit. I really wanted to catch it when they were traveling through Canada, but I never got there. This exhibit is just magnificent. 









We had a quick dinner at Guy Fieri's restaurant where Steph ordered his signature Bacon Mac and Cheese burger. Who in God's name can open their mouth wide enough for this one! She ended up cutting it in half and sharing with her dad. 
























Then a quick and I mean quick walk back to the subway station because our last Ferry back to the marina was leaving @ 8:45 pm. We managed the make it despite my sore tootsies. We also had to walk past Madison Square Gardens, where Washington and New York Rangers are playing Game 7. It was not too hard to pull Jim away from there!






Tomorrow we get to do it all over again. Woo hoo! I better go soak my feet, cause these little dogs are hurting.
Good night all 


View of Freedom Tower from our boat

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an awesome day!! I see the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Funland? haha! I'm glad you got to see the Body Worlds exhibit. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete