Saturday, May 23, 2015

1 mile from lake Ontario 43◦27'.215N 076◦30'.412W

Mother nature was nice to us today and Lake Oneida was calm enough to cross. We had just a small chop to contend with and nothing more. Once we got across, we stopped for our Last fuel stop in the US and 1 hour later we were back into the locks. Oswego Canal is much prettier then the Erie Canal.








This is a shot of the waterfalls created by the dam. This time on the Oswego Canal.













We made it through lock 7 and decided to stop before Lock 8 in order to tie up and spend the night. Unfortunately the wall we tied up to is directly under a bridge. Hopefully there is not too much traffic on this Holiday weekend! As the title says we are just one mile from Lake Ontario, obviously the US side of it, but we should be in Kingston by 3 or 4 tomorrow afternoon. It will be nice to be on Canadian Soil once again. We met some new loopers today, named Patty and Ray and his brother Paul. We will be crossing to Kingston as a group tomorrow. There is always strength in numbers!
So this is a short blog, otherwise. Not much action on these Canals. Life will get much more interesting when we get across the Lake, I'm sure. Since Jim had us up and running at 5:30am today, I am exhausted and we are both going to turn in early...heck maybe even before the sun sets!  
Before I turn in though, I need to send out a couple of birthday wishes.
First and foremost to My FAVORITE Sister in Law Claire. I'm sorry I missed it yesterday. I thought of you all day, but when I wrote the blog, it completely slipped my mind. BONNE FETE my bell.
Secondly, a big shout out to Liz on her B-day. Happy Birthday partner, Hope you had a wonderful one! I will see you both really soon. 
Good night all.




No comments:

Post a Comment