Sunday, May 24, 2015

Only in Canada Eh! 44◦13'.636N 076◦28'.744W

We made it. It was a bit of a rough ride across the lake, because as usual, the waves were hitting us on the beam. We weaved a bit here and there to try and get a more comfortable ride, but alas, we still managed to get a drawer pull out...despite being secured!
Nothing broken though, so all is well that ends well. We pulled into Kingston's Flora McDonald Confederation Basin Marina around 2pm. It felt like a real home coming, we were greeted by thousands. All coming out to the boat, some even came to meet us about a mile out on the lake. We felt privileged really...well until we hosed them all off the boat.  

These things are like shad flies, only a bit smaller. The bugs, we were told, are called May flies. I have never seen so many bugs, since I have left North Bay that is. They do have one benefit over the shad flies of my adolescence; they do not have that overpowering smell of fish. I really hope they don't follow us up the Rideau. 




















The customs officer advised us that we could not leave the boat until 2:45pm if no customs agent showed up, then we were cleared to go on. So after the required time, Jim and I took off for a little walk in downtown Kingston. Our third stop was at Time Horton's and man that coffee was really good. We also stopped at the farmer's market on the way back to the boat. I found a lovely gift for our son. Can't wait to give it to him. Sorry bud, I'm keeping it a secret until we get home!
We are now back at the boat and planning on taking off at the more reasonable hour of 8am tomorrow. We hope to make it to lock 37 so 12 locks or so to go through. 3 more days and we will be in Ottawa. I am so excited.






For now however it is time to bid you good night.

3 comments:

  1. Aww common not even a hint?
    Well, welcome back to Canada!
    Have fun in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww common not even a hint?
    Well, welcome back to Canada!
    Have fun in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to Canada! P.s very clever begining part to your blog! Lol so sad I've missed you. Enjoy my favorit city without me. ♡

    ReplyDelete