Sunday, May 31, 2015

Lovely cruise down the Ottawa River

Gerry, Claire, Julie and Marie-Anne 
We had a lovely day today, despite the cold front and the lousy weather. My Brother Gerry, his wife Claire, my Niece Julie and her son Alex come from Rockland.
Julie, Marie-Anne, Danny, Jim and I after the ceremony 











 My Sister Marie-Anne and her hubby Danny from Arnprior and my brother Al from Ottawa all came to join us today for a trip down the 8 step locks of the Rideau and a cruise into the Ottawa river. It was cold and we all ended up wearing our jackets and gloves and some of us hats even, as we faced the 12C temperature. It warmed up a bit in the afternoon but quickly cooled down again. 

Gerry Al Dan and Jim 





Despite it, we enjoyed each other's company and some good food. 



The view of Parliment Hill from the River is quite nice. 

Gerry, Dan Marie-Anne, Al, Alex and Julie 

It warmed up enough for the Gang to spend some time sitting on the bow, enjoying the outdoors. I am still in awe of the fact that Friday we were swimming in a pool and today we were wearing hats ad coats. Alas we cannot control Mother Nature. 
Lock personnel saying good by as we exited last lock 











The lock Personal were all incredibly friendly and They all posed for a picture as we were exiting the last lock. 











A toast to the bride and groom...again

Jim and I did get a surprise  vows renewal ceremony. It is our 30th Wedding anniversary tomorrow and my wonderful siblings...and I pretty sure my sister-in-law Natalie had more than a little hand in this; decided that we were due to renew our vows. So they set up a ceremony, veil, corsage, wedding flowers and bubbles. I cannot remember all the vows but I do remember the one where Jim needed to accept the fact that I am always right! 

We laughed a whole bunch and my brother Gerry videotaped the whole thing. I can't wait to see the video because every time I looked at him he was laughing so hard the camera was bouncing up and down. Pretty sure I'll need some Gravol to watch it! 

Alex driving the boat 
Our great nephew Alex drove the boat for a while and he did a fine job, well once he got that huge grin off his face and concentrated on the job. Opps, I made a mistake, that huge grin never came off his face! 
Alex playing with his I pad under the sunscreen 










But once the task of driving was done, he had some important work to do on his I-Pad. I got the computer sun screen out for him and we did not see that lovely grin for a while. He was hard at work. 









We are back at the dock now, all of us tuckered out from the day on the water and the locks which we did both ways. It was nice to have the extra help to lock through. Now it's an early night as Jim and I are off to visit Carole and Michel in Montreal tomorrow and then a nice dinner out to celebrate our anniversary. 
I cannot leave you all without wishing Jim's Sister Dianna a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hope you had a wonderful day. 

Good night all. 


3 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! What a great surprise from your family to renew your vows. The Ottawa river looks beautiful. Maybe someday in the future for us???
    love, Randy & Sherri

    ReplyDelete