Wednesday, November 12, 2014

New Orleans! High –Not a clue, Low- even less

Ok so I have shirked my duties as the daily blogger. On November 10th Jim and I just worked around the boat again. We painted the 3rd  coat of Cetol and waved goodbye to Jeff and Susan. No excitement there.
Last night we were in New Orleans and we did not get in until midnight. So "the morning after the night before" is the best I could do.

We arrived here around 10am and our rooms were ready immediately, so check in quick and let's get going. 
New Orleans is very eclectic, derelicts and the smell of vomit in one quarter and opulence on the very next street. Since we were here so early, Bourbon St. Was pretty empty, but it got a lot busier later on.
We stopped in at the world famous Patty O'Brien's for a Hurricane. I found out there is a reason it is called the Hurricane; because it can sweep you off your feet in a hurry ! This drink has my maximum daily consumption of alcohol in one glass! Germain and Chantal were smart enough to go with a Margarita. These one only had 3oz of alcohol.

After or little break we walked the French Quarter some more. We saw street musicians, but again New Orleans style. I have seen a lot of street musicians  before, but usually it is portable instruments! 

The Jazz pavilion was pretty cool too.

There are some freaky people here, both people and pets!

We had dinner in the French Market at a little restaurant called Coop's. They have a very good attitude and their sign says it all.

I will try to get in at a reasonable hour tonight so I can post on time; but no promises! Tata for now 

1 comment:

  1. We will be there in Feb. My alcohal tolarence not being what it used to be, i'll think twice before ordering a hurricane!!

    ReplyDelete