Sunday, June 14, 2015

Rain, rain go away, come again another day.

I did not blog last night because we spent our evening playing cards again with Jeff and Susan. It was a late night!  We played 65, where the object of the game is to score the lowest. With 4 players, through 10 hands, I was doing pretty good all the way to the last hand, where I then proceeded to lose. 

The boys forced me to pose for this picture. 
You can tell by the look on my face,, that I did not do this willingly.













Susan, who I thought would back me up, somehow went right along with them. Hum! She is not who I thought she was, but I still like her!










I got a few shots of the beautiful Penetanguishene from across the bay. But I must admit it was rather difficult to get these night shots without a tripod for the camera.   
It rained a bit in the morning, but the afternoon turned out really nice. Susan gave us a little tour of Penetang, than we went to check out the in water boat show they were having at Hindson's Marina. Susan lent me her car to do a little shopping while Jim gave the boat a little wash. I got lost in Midland, but fortunately I managed to find my way back. There was a butter tart Festival going on in down town Midland, but I deliberately avoided it because those things can be very addictive. 
Jim and I gave tours of our boat to a few folks and then had dinner with Jeff and Sue on the boat. 
Today we spent yet another rainy day in Penetang. 

We left 'Harbor West Marina' at around 9:30am and made our way to the 'Historic Port of Penetanguishene Marina'. It took a whole 10min. Shortly after we arrived it started to pour and it did not let up much throughout the day. We had intended on doing some sightseeing but with this rain we opted for some chores and watching a movie in the afternoon. I know, it felt almost sinful! 

I chose to tackle the BBQ.I have attacked this BBQ with SOS pads and various other products and I could not get the rust off. I figured that  the salt water we had been in, really took it's toll and I was at the point of just wanting to get rid of it because it was so ugly. Last night however, I remembered this product I bought at a boat show maybe 2 or 3 years ago. It's called Prism polish. I decided to give it a try as a last resort and OMG, I am shocked at the results!
Check out the before and after shots. I am so impressed I think I'll write to the company!
Although it was not a busy day, the salvaging of our BBQ did make me feel like it was not a totally wasted day.

Before
After 

 Hopefully we get some sunshine tomorrow and we can go check out a few of the sights.

I am now starting a new count down for Mom and Dad's visit. So 5 more sleeps guys. I can't wait!

Good night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment