Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekly post 1- Ocean Reef Yacht club, Freeport Bahamas High 86, Humidity 94%

Here is my weekly post, Although it has only been a couple of days since I last posted. The weather has been wonderful all week. We have had calls for rain and thunderstorms, but none have transpired yet.
Every morning we are greeted with lovely birds singing and lots of fish swimming by the boat. Last Wednesday we had one in particular who had feathers instead of fins. I desperately tried to get some shots with the GOPRO but after 180 shots, all I managed was the underside of the boat and some coral. I got a shot from above the water, but this does not quite do it justice. The fish are amazing ranging in colour from bright yellow to sky blue, to stripped black and white.





The squid picture I posted last week (posted again now) was entrancing. This sky blue squid would ink itself to almost match the colour of the rock, while it moved, then change to the sky blue again.






Jim and I went exploring around town with our bicycles as well. We headed for the International Bazaar about 5 km away; only to find it almost completely deserted.

In typical Mimi fashion, I was in need of a restroom once we got there (don't laugh at me) but all the restrooms there were locked and one door was actually Screwed shut. If I had a screwdriver...!


Anyway it was quite depressing to see the 1-2 shops that were open. They were calling out to us to come in and see. I'm sure they don't get lots of business there.

We ended up further up town; maybe another 3km or so, before turning around. The bike lanes of Florida are non existent here so we do not have a lot of confidence in riding our bikes on the side of the road. We rode in the grass most of the way and that sure increased our work out!  On our way home, my fearless, directionally superior Captain got us lost, We ended up overshooting our resort by about 2 miles and having then to come back this way. It was a long ride by the time we were done!
Saturday night we were invited to a pot luck near by. Some people who own a house right next to the resort. It was really nice to meet so many people, but we can't remember half the names. I'm sure we'll get them straight before we leave though.
Well that's our few days in review. Hope you all have a great week. I will post again on March 7th
Ta ta for now!













2 comments:

  1. That feathered fish is a lionfish. Very pretty. Highly poisonous!!! Steer clear

    All the best

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess the shopping wasn't so great...

    ReplyDelete