Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sticker shock in Marsh Harbor High 19C

We've had a relatively quiet day, a few chores around the boat and some grocery shopping. I tried to get over the sticker shock, but it's still remaining.  A 12pack of toilet paper is $14 and a bag of cookies is 8.99. That would be a small bag of Oreo's ! A Tangerine will run you 63 cents a piece and forget about raspberries at 6.00/pint. Oh and I forgot these are the prices before the 7.5% vat or Value added tax on absolutely everything and the 27% exchange rate for the Canadian dollar. Ah well, we'll blow the budget this month I think.
The price of Rum however is pretty darn cheap. I guess we'll have to forget about eating and just start drinking! Well all except for the one bottle of special reserve. At 106.00 us per bottle, I will have to pass....I think. I wonder what that stuff tastes like.
I saw a really cool picture of my friend Lucy T. today. Nella I am counting on you to bring it to her attention, cause I'm pretty sure she does not read the blog.
 We are still at anchor today. The marina we were set to go to did not end up having a spot for us. Apparently the sail boat that was leaving, decided to stay for an extra day, so we remain in the harbor. Hopefully we can get in there tomorrow, because we really need to wash off all the salt and get our water tanks refilled. There is a lovely dinghy dock near by. Today there were three young men waiting to assist us when we arrived and they eagerly offered to keep an eye on our boat while we were gone. In hopes of a tip we are sure. Jim took a few dollars out to give the boys when we got back to our dinghy, however they were quite enthralled with a new arrival when we got back and we could not pull them away from the big white dog. I'm sure we will have another opportunity to tip them some other time.


Good night all. 

1 comment: