Friday, January 16, 2015

Another day in Paradise, Barnes Sound Fl

We spent a lovely day at anchor in Barnes sound today. We did some regular maintenance and Jim did a little electrical work he'd been meaning to get to for a while. I caught up on my chores too. One of my jobs is maintaining the battery bank we have. I am supposed to check the 12 batteries we have under the bed, once per week. I discovered however that once a week was too much....I mean I have to take the mattress off, take all the panels out and then open these batteries up only to find that the water levels are fine, then put all this back together again. So, I had not done it for a while. Two months to be exact! Anyway today I finally got around to it. It took 2.5lt of water to top up all these batteries. Ooops, I think I should not wait so long next time.  After we got our little jobs done, we went to Alabama Jacks for lunch with the other three boats here. Sherrie, Randy, Jim, Sharon and Ken. 
Alabama Jacks is just a little hole in the wall type place, but the food was good enough. When I ordered lunch, I also ordered jalapenos on the side. You know what they say... hot in, hot out ...and boy was it hot! 
We then took a short walk around the restaurant and finally made it back here where I spent the rest of the afternoon doing some leisurely carving. I am carving a walking stick I picked up way back in Three rivers lake where I found the Cyprus knees. It's a really neat piece of wood that looks like a old man's face in the handle. I'll post a picture when I get it all done. For now, I will just bid you Bonsoire.    

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have before and after pictures of your Walking sticks.. ( sorry if you've already posted I need to catch up on my reading.)

    ReplyDelete