Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Carole. New Plymouth High 83◦F Low 68◦F

No drama today and nothing broken either. We spent a wonderful morning in New Plymouth which is a town on Green Turtle Cay. The town was settled by Tories or Loyalists as they are called here; who fled the US during one of the wars as well as slaves who fled their captors. It is quite quaint with all the usual pastel coloured houses so familiar in the Bahamas. Jim and I walked pretty much the whole town from shore to shore.
 This particular town is a bit more developed then others we have been to and there seems to be quite a bit of construction going on. Everywhere else we have been, it seemed quite depressed economically. 





We stopped at signs for the entrance to the town on both ends of it. 









Made a quick visit to the garden of statues and went into a beautiful jewellery store and bought nothing. 




We also stopped at the local liquor store so I could get the next contestant in our Rum tasting evening. Man I hope you are thirsty Simon and Alex. Given the 5 bottles I have collected so far, we will likely need to do this over a few nights. I am a light weight when it comes to booze and I have a 2 drink maximum. If I keep going maybe I will cure myself of this problem!  











We retreated back to our boat and spent the afternoon working on baskets and sharpening my carving knives. Time well spent I assure you.  We are expecting Thunderstorms in the am and much cooler temperatures as well. Jim and I will stay put here another night before taking off on our two day trip across to Grand Bahamas Island. Good night all. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope it makes it back threw customs. We did toast you in Mexico at the annual meeting but we only had $60 a shot tequila. Ruffling in sorry.

    ReplyDelete